Here at Odopod, the dev team meets weekly to talk about what's happening with technology around the web. Here's our top this week:
• Cool: Everything.
• Not cool: It won't be released as open source (hey the man needs to make money right?)
scene.nr - Eddie Abrams' HTML5 audio project.
• Cool: HTML5 Winamp port including Winamp skin loading.
• Not cool: It still relies on Flash to grab the raw audio data.
UI Thread Presentation - Nicholas C. Zakas' super interesting talk from the jQuery conference.
• Cool: Understanding the inner workings of the UI Thread allows us to be smarter about page loading as well as maximizing user perception of speed.
• Not cool: The UI thread is a linear queue of execution.
Web Workers - Defines an API for running scripts in the background independently of any user interface scripts.
• Not cool: Only Firefox 3.5 and Safari 4 currently support this.
Throughout the conference it was evident that talks and takeaways were more far reaching than the world of jQuery alone. This was not, by any means, a conference about pure evangelism. This approach, in my mind, made the conference even more of a success.
It's been thirteen years since we started Odopod.
We've always wanted one thing: to do the best work of our lives. Along the way, we have been joined by an eclectic and exceptionally talented bunch of people who wanted the same thing. Together, we've built a company we love.
Two years ago, Odopod was acquired by Nurun.
The acquisition was a validation of everything we had built. It was also a catalyst for some big changes we wanted to make. We began to tackle bigger, thornier problems and to work all over the world. With Nurun, we've had a series of huge wins and have been producing our best work yet.
That's why we recently decided to retire the Odopod brand, formally adopt Nurun as our name, and take the reins of Nurun's US operations.
We're all still here—same team with the same appetite for great work, only now with different e-mail addresses and more frequent flyer miles. And we're growing, so send your talented friends our way.
Keep an eye out for new work from Nurun. It will be our best yet.
Tim, Dave, Jacquie, JT & Guthrie
For new business, contact Stacy Stevenson
For general inquiries, contact us at
For more about Nurun, visit