Join Our Team
New Business Manager
Develop New Business Opportunities
The New Business Manager will possess a deep understanding of design processes, lead generation, project management processes, the competitive landscape and the market that affects or clients’ business. They develop, strengthen and build new business opportunities through inbound leads and proactive prospecting.
Manage the Proposal Process
Their primary goal is to manage new business and marketing activities in close collaboration with the Director of Business Development and Executive Leadership with a focus on delivering proposals and making new clients aware of, and excited about, the full breadth of Odopod’s offerings. They will demonstrate clear and productive client management and communication skills including presenting, public speaking, and writing, ultimately leading to successful new business results.
At Odopod, the New Business Manager will act as a trusted point of contact for all new client opportunities, serve as the “voice of the client” during the proposal process, build relationships both internally and externally, and lead our unique solution to prospective client challenges. The New Business Manager will be on the front line, serving as a critical first impression for all new clients. They will attend relevant networking and community events in order to represent Odopod in the market and to meet with new people regularly.
- Maintain trusted relationships with clients, serving as the primary point of contact for day-to-day new business activities
- Regularly communicate progress including opportunities, client satisfaction, challenges, and risks, to Director of Business Development
- Have a thorough understanding of the digital landscape and how it is affecting our clients’ business
- Have ownership in the quality of final presentations; ensure the highest quality of materials from pitch decks to email communications
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams to develop and manage timeline and deliverables for new business RFIs, RFPs, general proposals, and large scale pitches
- Handle day-to-day operations of new business logistics including meeting notes, starting job codes in time tracking software, communicating roles and responsibilities to team members, scheduling, etc.
- Manage library and creation of general new business materials, including case studies, boilerplate responses, RFI databases, etc.
- Regularly update and maintain CRM tools, business leads and opportunities, and prospective target list
- Own and update the new business funnel, regularly updating where leads are in the funnel, provide feedback data on wins and losses, and pull together insights to share back to leadership on a regular basis
- Establish internal communications between all global offices to make sure opportunities are properly distributed
- Research and develop POV and competitive landscape on prospect clients and provide to key players at the start of every proposal process
- Organize, direct, and make arrangements for new business presentations
- Follow industry and client news and provide regular reports to leadership and account teams
- Prepare follow-up notes / welcome & on-boarding packages for new clients
- Act as the key point of contact for PR partners; support / lead marketing and social media efforts and special project as needed.
- 4+ years of experience in an agency environment, with digital agency experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of agency new business processes, digital products and services, design strategy and implementation tactics
- Have experience responding to RFPs and RFIs and leading pitches
- Foster a culture of communication, flexibility, precision, and grace under pressure and tight deadlines
- Willingness to go above and beyond to deliver excellence at all stages of the process
- Ability to collaborate with both external and internal teams
- Ability to take direction while owning critical pieces of business development; ability to think beyond what’s been done before and come up with solutions to do things better
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrate excellent presentation skills
- Comfortable communicating with executives and clients at all levels including C-Level executives and junior roles
- Comfortable networking, attending events, speaking and representing Odopod, our philosophy, and our clients out in the world
- Ability and willingness to respond quickly to all incoming inquiries
- Have an eye for design and a basic understanding of design principles, software and tools
- Strong ability with Keynote, Google Apps, Word Processing Software (Pages, Word), CRM & Sales Tools
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Some travel may be required